Friday, August 3, 2012

newness


That empty apartment above just so happens to be my new home in Philadelphia and I'm so incredibly excited. I looked at all kinds of places, old and modern, some with fancy pools and gyms, but in the end I went with this charming old place. It was the first one I looked at (of course) and the built-in bookcases, hardwood floors, high ceilings and beautiful moulding all won me over. I can perfectly picture all of my belongings  filling this place up. I can also picture cocktail parties and slumber parties. I don't know if Philadelphia will ever feel like home to me in the way that San Francisco does, but it sure will be a lot cozier in this apartment.

I've been much too distracted to take any outfit photos and I don't want to scare off any of my new acquaintances just yet with outfit documentation requests (ahem), so in the meantime these Instagram photos will have to do. You can follow me here if you like weird socks and cute animals.

A view at the Anthropologie headquarters / The living room in my new apartment

A paper tumblr / A warm welcome on my first day of work

Donut is adjusting nicely, thank you.

We clicked instantly...

Quickly becoming a local.

Um, they were $1 and I had to.

I was lucky to meet some wonderful girls during my first few days here.



Obviously I've been hunting for all the vintage stores... already found a few favorites.


16 comments:

Tinacious Me said...

the monkey is hilarious! love these pictures!
~Tinacious Me~

Anonymous said...

looks fun.. i like those picture's.. :) Irene Wibowo

Aimée / The Lost Girl said...

your new apartment is perfect for you!! I can totally see you there!

Aimée xx
http://wehaveobsessions.blogspot.co.uk/

Sarah Dee said...

I still can't get over that owl house! So cute! I love your new place and I hope you're adjusting well!

xoxo Sarah
theantiquepearl.blogspot.com

Becky said...

Wow, what a beautiful bookcase!

This is so beautiful. I hope your new home is a happy one!

Becky
xx

http://www.beckybedbug.com

Fashion Faux Pas said...

Oh lord, I've missed you, can you believe it???????? I love the look of the new house, bet you'll make wonders of it!!
http://fashionfauxpas-mintjulep.blogspot.com

Leah said...

Your apartment looks so lovely! Congratulations on finding a place you love!

Unknown said...

Congratulations on finding a new home to go with your new career!!


http://aclosetintellectual.blogspot.com

Q's Daydream said...

so excited for you and your new home! :)

Katie Frank said...

those pictures are so lovely <3 love them.
http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/

Kathleen said...

Your apartment looks lovely, Ashley! I'm so excited for you. Looks like just the beginning of lots of amazing adventures! <3 Kathleen

Anonymous said...

Hi Ashley, been following your blog for a long while now (I bumped into you from reading Francesca's corner of the internet on the Snail & The Cyclops), but just finally made a blog for the vintage store I work at! I am from Pennsylvania and am very excited to follow your new life there. Your photos of Philly make me nostalgic and happy :) Have a good weekend <3 Lauren
http://littlebrooklynvintage.wordpress.com/

Jenny said...

We miss you in San Francisco! But I am happy to see so many wonderful things in Philly for you :-)

Taylor Kitto / The Little Deer said...

Haha, that monkey is TERRIFYING! and kinda terrific...

You will do so well in Philadelphia! You've already got the cutest little place. Can't wait to see what you do to it!

t.

Unknown said...

Always so hard in a new place. I had the same when I moved from Canada to the UK. But so many great things have happened to me since being here - I hope great things come from your adventure!

x Elena @ Randomly Happy

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your new apartment it looks lovely. Hope you are settling in okay and Philadelphia is treating you well. xx