Friday, July 27, 2012

guest post: nicole eymard of fashion forestry


I am pleased to share the first of many wonderful guest posts from some of my favorite vintage bloggers. First up is Nicole Eymard of Fashion Forestry giving us a peek at her magnificent (and huge!) vintage hat collection. Nicole has always been one of my style heroes, adept at mixing the most delightfully bold, colorful, and humorous pieces from every era and making it look completely right. Nicole is one of a kind and I love her for it.


Hello there! My name is Nicole Eymard, I am the blog owner of Fashion ForestryWhen I was thinking of what to guest post on Fancy Fine I thought hmmmmmmm.... DUH!! An ode to our mutual collection (obsession) with hats. I have TOO MANY so it was extra challenging to choose the easiest to stack etc.

Here are (almost) all of my spring vintage hats. There are many representations from each of the following decades: 1920's - 1960's. I also had to include Clementine, my foxy pom!













Playsuit  1950's pastel plaid...has matching built-in bloomers!!!!
Hat  Late 1940's sun hat with a man riding a bicycle, a horse, a donkey, pineapples... you name it, it's on this hat!
Shoes  I added my own satin ribbons to Topshop shoes
Lipstick  Illamasqua

23 comments:

Tinacious Me said...

wow these pictures are amazing! cute dog!
www.Tinacious.Me

Jennie said...

What a gorgeous hat collection! I'm always envious of hat wearers- I have a very big head so they rarely look good on me. Haha!

I'm just starting up my blog again and would love to meet some new faces. Please do stop by if you have the chance!

Jennie x

Stitches On The Radio: Photography, Music, Vintage & Lifestyle

Unknown said...

This has to be one of the best posts ever! When Nicole first came to London she stored some of her things at my house, that's as close as I got to having this many beautiful specimins in one place. I think her hats sum up her wonderfully eclectic, whimsical and impeccable taste. Not to mention how beautiful do you look in these pictures Nicole ( and you of course Clementine). ;:-) xx

reckless daughter said...

I do love Miss Nicole - most definitely one of a kind. Her collection is amazing. Also, how adorable is Clementine amidst the pile vintage millinery!

Katie-Louise Ford said...

Nicole is such a dream girl! That is one hell of a hat collection, I spy so many darlings i'd love to call my own <3

canvasofculture said...

incredibly fun and creative post! so glad i found your blog:)

Unknown said...

Thanks so much Ashley for the wonderful complements, and inviting me to guest post! Also thank you everyone ;)!! Haha Kelly-Marie oh my goodness thanksssss!!!

Katie Frank said...

wow this post is magical <3
http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/

motionocean said...

WOW! How lovely isn't this? And impressive: I've got ONE hat, and it's not even vintage! Oh, and Nicole looks tunning aswell!

vio said...

aaaw, so cute!

Becky said...

What a cute guest post! I love these images with all the hats!

Becky
xx

http://www.beckybedbug.com

kari_breitigam said...

These photographs are so beautiful and colorful! I also have quite a collection of vintage hats, but they mostly fall in the black, gray, and navy variety.

Annalise said...

Cute post Nicole! I will always remember going to your house and seeing all your lovely hats displayed upon the wall. I can't decide if I like this type of display even better. You look like you're floating on a dreamy cloud of beautiful vintage hats. So fancy!
XOXO
PS Ashley, I can't wait to see who else will be guest posting on your blog.

The milk thief said...

woah thats insane!
love your hats
great guest post

Milk thief blog

Shannon said...

So lovely! I feel like you can't look at her or any of her fabulous items without feeling ecstatically happy. Her style is pretty much the definition of joyous. <3

lauren said...

These photos are all at once - gorgeous, glamourous and hilarious. They remind me of that Bjork song, "Violently Happy", you know what I mean?

Unknown said...

Wow shannon and lauren! Thank you so much! These comments, Ashley's, and Kelly-Marie's are some of the nices most generous I've ever heard!! :D

Pearly said...

Love Love LOVE those hats and Katie-Louises tales from the wonderful south or in my case north!

hannah kristina metz said...

Hoh boy, do I ever love this! You and your hats look stunning Nicole! (And Clementine too!) xox

Little Erica said...

that is one heck of a hat collection! Foxy is adorable!!!

ericaslist.blogspot.com

Gracie said...

So so so perfect, love all the hats, in those lovely Springs shades, she is one amazing lady.

Unknown said...

Nicole Eymard with her super cute dog is so fresh. I am very taken by these pictures. I will call these picture knit hat and dog fashion.

Unknown said...

This is really insane but gorgeous. The collection is rich and amazing. The idea is also great. Thanks for sharing.

Jarin
www.glassesonweb.com