Tuesday, July 31, 2012

guest post: ale of rosaspina vintage


Here is another beautiful guest post, this one courtesy of the adorable Ale of Rosaspina Vintage. She hales from Turin, a dreamy town in northern Italy, and shares my obsession for romantic dresses made of lace. Ale is an illustrator and a kindred spirit and I hope that someday our paths cross because I'm pretty sure we'd have one hell of a tea party together.


When you asked me to come up with something that was related to Fancy Fine, I thought how much I enjoyed seeing San Francisco through your eyes, the eyes of someone who loves the town and knows lots of secret spots and the prettiest places. So this time I wanted to take you for a walk with me and show you a little bit of my town, Turin. Everyone who travels to Italy goes to Milan, Rome, Florence or Venice, which are all beautiful places but Turin is equally as charming, so I definitely thought it deserved to be shown off! I wore my favorite 40's lace dress just in your honor, as I remember lace is your favorite fabric and it happens to be my favorite too. Isn't it just the best invention ever?














21 comments:

Sarah Dee said...

This looks like such a lovely place!

xoxo Sarah
theantiquepearl.blogspot.com

YEYE STYLE BLOG said...

So pretty love this post!

Leah said...

How beautiful! I think one of the study abroad options at my school was in Turin.
Also, you guys could be sisters.

Rosaspina Vintage said...

Thank you so much for having me here Ashley, and for all your sweet words! It was so much fun shooting these pictures for you :)
A big hug!
Ale
x

Alice said...

This photos are so beautiful, I really want to go to Italy it looks like such an amazing place. I'm so jealous of your outfit, it's lovely :) xx

http://alicesstylenotes.blogspot.co.uk/

Katie Frank said...

this dress and shoes are perfect <3 good match! last picture is genius <3
http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/

Teddi said...

awww italy! such a pretty place, such a pretty dress, such a pretty lady. :)

. said...

She is so very pretty!
Lovely images :)
The Lovelorn

Kristian said...

Delightful guest post

Roxanne Rosensteel said...

I love this dress! It has a great length. And all of the photos are so pretty.

Chaucee said...

What gorgeous photos! I adore her sunglasses too.

rose-a-petits-pois said...

Oh it's so lovely to see Ale here !
She is so gorgeous, isn't she ?

It amazes me how she managed to take all these beautiful shots in Turin without a single person around...

Rebecca Jane said...

I love this beautiful peek at Turin! Ale is one of my favourite bloggers, so glad to see a guest post from her here at Fancy Fine!

Unknown said...

Oh gosh Turin looks absolutely beautiful, and so are you I might add. x

meredith said...

Turin looks so lovely! Thank you for this little tour. :)

Your lace dress is beautiful!

jeannie said...

what a beautiful dress!

Joy said...

everything about the photographs are absolutely wonderful.

Le FreakS said...

i love her so much...she's always perfect :)

WWW.LEFREAKS.COM
LE FREAKS FACEBOOK PAGE
TWITTER
BLOGLOVIN

Rosaspina Vintage said...

@rose-a-petits-pois - haha, it did require a bit of patience! Turin these days is overwhelmed by tourists but luckily they tend to avoid walking around during the most 'roasting' hours of the day ;)
x

Clo said...

Hi, I find your blog only now with the post of "Rosaspina Vintage" , you have a very beautiful blog so cute Kiss Clo;))
P.s I love the pictures with the bicycle with the word : NO OIL !!

Becky said...

What beautiful photos. Your dress is lovely!

Becky
xx

http://www.beckybedbug.com