Tuesday, July 24, 2012

fancy kid






Photos by Todd Hido

top  vintage
skirt  thrifted
shoes  fletcher by lyell

During my decade in San Francisco I was lucky enough to meet some rather amazing photographers, but perhaps the most lucky meeting was with Todd Hido. When he contacted me years ago I already knew who he was because I hugely admired his work, so needless to say I was over-the-moon excited to be his subject for an afternoon. This photo shoot led to many more and a wonderful friendship was born of our mutual love for Twin Peaks, old books, and seedy wig shops. When Todd realized I was moving across the country he brought over his adorable daughter Audrey and let me dress her up in things from my wardrobe. These photos were quickly snapped on my windy, freezing rooftop and they will always be one of my favorite memories of those last few days before leaving.

And here are a few more photos Todd shot of me (on film) over the past few years...




13 comments:

Unknown said...

love that last one <3

The Thriftaholic (Leilani) said...

I've long been an admirer of Todd Hido's work-- you're a lucky lady to have been photographed by him over the years. It's also wonderful that you got to know him on a personal level-- I adore this set of images of you dressing up his daughter.

Becky said...

I love that red skirt. It looks adorable with the sequinned top!

Becky
xx

http://www.beckybedbug.com

Katie Frank said...

you both look so cute <3 she will be so beautiful and stylish when she grow up aw <3


visit my blog and enter giveaway. you can win ralph lauren shirt.
http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/

Hannah said...

What! That first photo of the two of you together is too adorable. Oh my!

I also love the film photo of you in the yellow dress, it's absolutely beautiful.

amberly said...

great snaps and wonderful memories!

cheers to many more to come!

Rosaspina Vintage said...

Little Audrey looks absolutely adorable in your clothes. Are the glasses her own? So stylish!
I can imagine how dearly you will be treasuring this photoshoot, it is one of the sweetest I've seen in ages :)
Ale
x

dom.the.mom said...

Aww, these are so lovely! Such wonderfully beautiful shots of you that will make such awesome keepsakes for when you move. You dressed his daughter fabulously!

Sarah Dee said...

She's so adorable! And so are you :)

xoxo Sarah
theantiquepearl.blogspot.com

Teddi said...

oh ashley, these photos done by todd are spectacular. :) his daughter looks darling!

Anonymous said...

I love these pictures, the third one is especially awesome.

Unknown said...

absolutely beautiful photos! you are gorgeous. xoxo linds {{www.rubygirlblog.com}}

The milk thief said...

great photo shoot
i love the dress in the first photos!

Milk thief blog