Sunday, February 26, 2012

lunch date








coat  vintage, flea market
blouse  j. crew
dress  thrifted
brooch  vintage from bohemian bisoux
tights  american apparel
shoes  vintage

My neighborhood is overflowing with amazing, cheap food. It's gotten to the point where I hardly ever eat at home, unless it's to make myself eggs and toast in the morning. How could I resist the temptation of burgers from Pearl's Deluxe? Ramen from Katana-ya? Pho from Turtle Tower? Indian food from Shalimar? The truth is that I don't resist. Sometimes I look at my kitchen and feel a twinge of guilt but mostly I just look forward to the next time I get to stuff my face with delicious food.

On this particular day I went on an epic walk around San Francisco with my brother, starting at Turtle Tower with two huge bowls of pho, stopping at a hole-in-the-wall bakery in Chinatown for dessert, and then on to North Beach for coffee. I wore my trusty navy blue polka dot dress that I usually throw on when I can't be bothered to think too much about my outfit (I wear it probably more than any other) and a newly acquired coat ($10 at the flea market!) and sweetly coerced my brother in taking Outfit Photos. This involved a minor bit of instruction ("Um, could you squat down a bit when you take them?") and lots of laughing. My brother thinks I'm a giant dork and he is right.

20 comments:

Anisa Young said...

I LOVE that little mouse pin, too cute! The layering is so SF, it's perfect. Nice seeing you at the All Vintage Everything event! xx

Natasha Fatah said...

Love that white coat. It's beautiful.
xoxo
www.natashafatah.blogspot.com

Zane said...

cute dress, love it with the blouse

Mandy said...

That coat is lovely. What a great find!

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa said...

That coat is gorgeous! I love the dress too.

Catherine, XO.

Teddi said...

you look glamorous ashley girl! just think one day you can look back & say remember when i told you to squat while shooting my photo? ;)

The Thriftaholic (Leilani) said...

Yum, I'm envious of all your cheap restaurants, I love eating out too. I have the same teak mouse pin, it was my first ever vintage purchase when I was 8 years old!

I'm digging the side ponytail look too, your hair always looks so pretty.

Unknown said...

amazing layering! and i love those pointy flats :)

Xo,
steffy
Steffys Pros and Cons

Jo - Lost in the Haze said...

Your brooch is so amazing lady! Isn't it the best feeling, looking down at your clothes and seeing a face peeking back at you! <3 <3 <3

x
Lost in the Haze: Fashion Blog

Tayler Worrell said...

ohmygosh these photos are perfect!! love the outfit and the location is so pretty. I have to say, I wish I was surrounded with delicious and cheap food :)



www.styleinterplay.com

..
..

june said...

Everything is perfect here but that pin...omg, love it!!

Unknown said...

this post made me really happy... sounds like such a fun time!

xxx
www.ladyalamode.com

Aliya said...

Wow!! Simply stunning! These pictures are pretty much perfect! And so is your outfit on you!!

x Aliya
www.papermoonsandmacarons.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

this is lovely. i can never get enough of polka dots. seriously. and that brooch is just to DIE for

Anonymous said...

That jacket is beautiful! I would be nervous that I would get it dirty though :(

http://madnessanmusings.blogspot.com/2012/02/my-travel-essentials.html

YEYE STYLE BLOG said...

Very cute, I need a little mouse like the one on your coat ;)

Dus of Cuddly Cacti said...

haha your brother must be a sweetie! that sounds just like when I ask my hubs to take pics. You look darling- that dress is great & love the little tie & how you wore the yellow blouse under.
http://dusanabotswana.com/

KT said...

I usually think flats makes an outfit look casual, but you really changed my mind about it here! Cute, chic and classy outfit!

www.KTRstyle.com

Unknown said...

I love your outfit. Too cute! And I can't believe your jacket was only ten dollars! One of the best bargains I've seen.

http://ramencouture.blogspot.com/

sweet harvest moon said...

Beautiful outfit! Love the blouse/dress combination