Wednesday, June 22, 2011

behind the scenes: fancy fine vintage


I did a photo shoot with my best girl Lauren yesterday for the shop. You might remember her from the Fancy Friends feature I did back in January (I promise I'll be doing more of those features very soon!) and the various other times her pretty mug has popped up on the blog. She is my partner in crime and the perfect Fancy Fine model. I'm really excited for this round of vintage, although I tend to feel that way about every update... I'm just so eager to share pretty things with you! We brought out all my favorite vintage hats and made several gigantic piles of shoes and shot all afternoon. And of course I can never resist a bit of "behind the scenes" documentation...

I'm keeping this dream dress for myself... It's hanging on the back of my door so I can stare at it constantly.


Hats & sunglasses, all from my own collection... although I will be selling the silver turban!

Currently reading. John Waters has been one of my own idols since 6th grade.

Donut battling with one of my vintage hats. Pretty sure she won.



Lauren brought a bunch of her own shoes to wear during the shoot.


This is what girls do when they hang out together, obviously.

What a charmer!



A few of my favorite books. Baton Twirling is a recent addition... it has the best photos ever.




8 comments:

amberly said...

She is so beautiful and the hair is absolutely amazing!! I can only imagine how much fun this really is :)

Roxanne Rosensteel said...

I love the amount of fun on this blog! And I love behind the scenes photos. It's so good to know that other people goof around with their store photos too!

hannah and landon said...

Lauren is pure perfection, it's maddening! O_O

Also pure perfection, that black hat with the daisies!! I wannit!

xo

SC said...

Waw! The white shoes with the blue bow. Honey ... what a MESMERIZING blog.

Honestly, such a relieve that there still exist blogs like these.


x following

PS: you are gorgeous

iliketweet said...

Looks like so much fun, I adore the cat in the hat!

Love Tweet

x

Opal Wells said...

These turned out beautifully. She is a lovely woman. KITTY LOVE!!!

lauren, curious constellation said...

She is absolutely gorgeous. I love behind the scenes pics.

Tayler Worrell said...

aww everything is so pretty and fresh. Love the vintage hat turban looking thing. chic!

www.styleinterplay.com
<3 <3