Tuesday, May 31, 2011

early nineties










dress  vintage from wasteland
cardigan  vintage

A trip to the grocery store at midnight is always an adventure, especially when there's a near-empty parking lot in which to run around. I wasn't thinking about it at the time but this outfit is rather head-to-toe 90's. All I needed was some plum lipstick and a couple of slap bracelets. I'm wary of some 90's trends but I can never seem to resist a loose babydoll dress with a really good print. I even broke down and bought a hilariously amazing long-sleeved jumpsuit at a thrift store that looks like something Elaine Benes would have worn. I was going to sell it but once I put it on and saw how perfectly it fit I was under its spell forever. Oh 90's, you have your charms.

9 comments:

Gabriella said...

love the feel of the photos! vintage and gorgeous!

http://breathingin-gabie.blogspot.com/

Maria Elyse said...

I love the 4th photo! And yes, however atrocious some of 90's fashion was, there is some of it that is just irresistible, haha. I snagged this suuuuuper 90's pull over sweater my dad was gonna throw away, and I put it on today and laughed out loud at how 90's it looked. But I love it anyway. :)

xoxo
Maria Elyse
First Impressions
Flying Ships Vintage

Jo - Lost in the Haze said...

Yippee - 90s all the way! I love your beautiful dress!

x
www.lostinthehaze.com

kuroichou said...

I love your style and your Etsy store. In fact, I think I may have a crush on you.

Ameline said...

These photos are so cheeky! They brought a smile to my face :D

Unknown said...

Love these pictures, they're a little bit different, but it's great !

See U !

Ana Peregrine said...

I, too, am a fan of such dresses. My mom makes fun of me for wearing the same dresses now that I wore pre-age 10.

I love these photos! I feel like Andy Warhol took them.

haley said...

You have such great style! I just came across your blog and ahh i love it. adding to my must read list. That dress is seriously amazing.

haleyinwonderland.blogspot.com

AlexDylanGrohl said...

you can never go wrong with 90's floral print. great pictures, i love them.